• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Position Eliminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

albwonders01

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I worked for a local furniture store for over 8 years. Last September I hurt my back at work. I have 2 bulging discs in my lower back and the doctors say that there is nothing else they can do for me. Recently I was given a promotion to warehouse manager at one of the stores the company owns. I was told that they would work with me on my restrictions. On March, 29 I was pulled off of my job because they were afraid that I would exceed my restrictions. Ok, I've got no problem with that. I asked one of the owners if I would still have my position and he said that if I can lift (have no restrictions) after my doctors appointment. I went to the doctor on Thursday, April 3rd. He gave me a note to be released from workers comp. with no restrictions on Monday, April 7th. When I returned to work on the 7th one of the owners gave me a letter saying that they have eliminated my position and that there is no work available for me. I feel that this is retaliation for me filing a workers comp. claim, because there is alot of work that needs to be done at that location. Is it legal for them to do this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Given that AFTER you filed your workers comp claim you received a promotion, you're goig to have a hard time making a retaliation claim stick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">