• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repay overpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaymillstone

I left my previous employer about five months ago. About a month after I left, I recieved a letter saying that I was overpaid on my final paycheck and that I must reimburse the company. Do I legally have to? Their reason is that they pay a week ahead of time. My last day was 5/15/00, and I recieved my last paycheck (via direct deposit) on 5/26/00. Also, I don't think I was overpaid due to owed vacation time, but that is another matter.
Thanks

P

peter

Well mathmatically figure it out.......

how many days do they say you owe and then how do they figure vaction time...some companies give you 1 day for each 5 weeks you work (50 weeks)or 10 days or 2 weeks to total 52 weeks!

It has to be written down some where.

J

jaymillstone

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:
Well mathmatically figure it out.......
The question wasn't how many vacation days I earned, but do I have to give back money paid to me in error by the company.

how many days do they say you owe and then how do they figure vaction time...some companies give you 1 day for each 5 weeks you work (50 weeks)or 10 days or 2 weeks to total 52 weeks!

It has to be written down some where.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">