• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a case????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CREESE1

We are going to need some details.
incorrect information on separation notice
i was working with c. k. and in passed the secret shopper and then was fired for company policy violation and still hadn't received the payment and the information on the separation notice is incorrect the termination date it says i was fired on 12-21-17 and i worked 2 more days after? And I'm not even sure why I was terminated it only said company policy violation

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

incorrect information on separation notice
i was working with c.k. and in passed the secret shopper and then was fired for company policy violation and still hadn't received the payment and the information on the separation notice is incorrect the termination date it says i was fired on 12-21-17 and i worked 2 more days after? And I'm not even sure why I was terminated it only said company policy violation
You are not entitled to pay for the time you worked after you were dismissed as a secret shopper.

Please do not use real names on this forum. Thanks.

justalayman

No I wasn't a secret shopper I worked at a gas station
None the less, the law requires you be paid for any time you worked. The issue with the dates may be a scriveners error or whomever was supposed to terminate you didn’t do so when they should have and somebody else had written the termination notice.

Bottom line: unless you were terminated for some unlawful reason (such as unlawful descrimination), you have no recourse. You can seek to have the dates on any records corrected and you can ask for clarification of the reason for your termination and even plead to be rehired

But if they want you gone, you’re gone.

quincy

None the less, the law requires you be paid for any time you worked. The issue with the dates may be a scriveners error or whomever was supposed to terminate you didn’t do so when they should have and somebody else had written the termination notice.

Bottom line: unless you were terminated for some unlawful reason (such as unlawful descrimination), you have no recourse. You can seek to have the dates on any records corrected and you can ask for clarification of the reason for your termination and even plead to be rehired

But if they want you gone, you’re gone.
... unless you show up for work after your employment has been terminated.

quincy

You worked after you were terminated. You don't get paid for that.

What does the secret shopper have to do with any of this?

CREESE1

we are supposed to get paid 50.00 n i didnt and i didnt know i was terminated until i received the notice in the mail and it had the 21 on it

Last edited:

justalayman

A person is not due pay if they simply show up to work after they were given notice of their termination. Regardless of the date on the notice, if it wasn’t delievered to the employee or the employee otherwise given notice of being terminated, they are owed pay for working.

It just wasn’t, and still isn’t 100% clear op recieved actual notice on on or before the date on the written notice.

And further info by the op strongly suggests they didn’t recieve notice prior to the 24th they were terminated.

quincy

we are supposed to get paid 50.00 n i didnt and i didnt know i was terminated until i received the notice in the mail and it had the 21 on it
No one told you that you were fired? You just showed up for work as usual and worked your regular hours for two days?

What does the secret shopper have to do with anything? Are you supposed to be paid extra for passing a secret shopper (undercover) test (for, say, checking ID on sales of cigarettes or alcohol)?

More information would be helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">