• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Union Arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sonic34

Termination 1.5 years ago. Union has yet to set another arbitration date since February. First date was supposedly postponed due to company Human Resources unable to attend?!?!? Now there is a claim of need to negotiation in "good faith" on the union's part though I've been begging for an arbitration date for over a year!!

Question: Is there a time frame for this case?
Question: Can I put pressure on the union legally?
Question: Is employment an issue in settlement figures? No income?

Question: Can I get this case to move along since the company is obviously trying to squeeze my pocket book w/ their offers?

Question: Since the problem is only the money issue...Can I file w/ the Labor Board to speed up my return to work?

Thanks.

B

buddy2bear

Because it is a termination arbitration, your case should have been fast tracked by the American Arbitration Association. Call your union official. Tell him that if this case is not set for arbitration within 30 days, you will go to the labor board and file a charge against the union for failing in their duty to represent you.

S

Sonic34

I have concerns challenging the union but will if neccessary. By threating to file w/ the labor board, I may get an arbitration date but for 2003!!! I also worry about my arbitration being disregarded or pawned off behind closed doors if I attack the union. I get a feeling a lot of people on both sides aren't aware of what is going on and this is being kept low profile. I wouldn't think the International Union would think this is acceptable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">