• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can child support affects your Visa?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissHappyS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Hi everyone, this is a question from my friend who ended up pregnant by a guy who's a foreigner and the guy is on a student visa who happens to be still in the USA and he wants to leave her.

My friend is thinking about putting him on child support since he doesn't want to help her support the baby at all and threatening her to get ride of the baby or else he would leave.

He is on a student visa I know he can leave any time but what should she do??:(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Hi everyone, this is a question from my friend who ended up pregnant by a guy who's a foreigner and the guy is on a student visa who happens to be still in the USA and he wants to leave her.

My friend is thinking about putting him on child support since he doesn't want to help her support the baby at all and threatening her to get ride of the baby or else he would leave.

He is on a student visa I know he can leave any time but what should she do??:(
If the baby is not born, she cannot file for child support.
Since she is not married to the father of the child, she would need to establish paternity. And why are you posting HER business on the internet?

t74

You can help your friend by helping her find a social service agency who can direct her to professionals in the community to address the complex issues she now has to deal with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">