• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case withdrawal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nnatsur

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Could someone please give me advice on this. I am a beneficiary of an approved I-130 petition in 1st preference category (unmarried daughter of a US citizen over 21) filed by my mother, US citizen. I have applied for adjustment of status for me and my 9 year old daughter within correct priority date. Our applications were accepted, we have done biometrics, I have received my EAD. At our interview appointment the officer said that I was granted LPR but my daughter's case will be denied for "lack of a separate visa petition". I believed that and accepted the offer to withdraw her case. This was obviously wrong. They thought I was an immediate relative instead of 1st preference with derivative status. Before, my daughter was in F-2 status, now she is nothing. What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">