• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

europe

I came here in juli 1999 because I married a US citizen.
After 6 months it turned out it was not exactly working. To much different. So my husband asked me to leave. I did, looked for a job, found a appartment. Now I have to file for a new permanent resident card. This one will expire in july 2001. My marriage was real. Right now I build up a new life here, have a great job and nice friends. I'm not divorced yet. Is it the best to divorce and file for mine permanent resident renewal for 10 year alone, but tell them honestly I married in good faith, or should I stay married and apply together. Please if there is anybody who can help me, let me know something. How much will be the change that I can stay here?

[Edited by europe on 01-07-2001 at 11:08 PM]

LegalBeagle

europe said:
I came here in juli 1999 because I married a US citizen.
After 6 months it turned out it was not exactly working. To much different. So my husband asked me to leave. I did, looked for a job, found a appartment. Now I have to file for a new permanent resident card. This one will expire in july 2001. My marriage was real. Right now I build up a new life here, have a great job and nice friends. I'm not divorced yet. Is it the best to divorce and file alone, and tell the truth that I married in good faith. Please if there is anybody who can help me, let me know something. How much will be the change that I can stay here?
You do not need to divorce to file on your own. Just do it. If you can afford to, see an immigration attorney just to reduce the risk of error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">