• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my fiance over on a fiance visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kfoster19

What is the name of your state? CT

My fiance was just turned down twice for an H2 visa and cannot come over to the US. He is from the UK and I am a US citizen. We wanted to wait to get married, but have considered speeding things up to get him over on a fiance visa. He was turned down because the immigration agents felt he did not present strong enough ties to the UK at this time and was recommended to stay in the country approximately 3 months with a job before reapplying for an H2 visa. Will we encounter the same issue if we apply for the fiance visa?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kfoster19

FLMommy

I don't think so, because once they issue a fiance visa, they already know he will have an intent to stay in the US, which is ok with the fiance visa :) as long as you get married withing the required time frame!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">