• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

good advice desperately needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

praetor

Hello

I've just been reading about this immigration bill that will be debated tomorrow in the House of Reps. The part that concerns me the most is that people, who are currently living here illegally, could now be deemed criminals and would therefore have no legal way of obtaining permanent residency or US citizenship.

What is the likelihood of this bill, getting through the Senate and becoming law?

Last edited:

HappyHusband

praetor said:
Hello

I've just been reading about this immigration bill that will be debated tomorrow in the House of Reps. The part that concerns me the most is that people, who are currently living here illegally, could now be deemed criminals and would therefore have no legal way of obtaining permanent residency or US citizenship.

What is the likelihood of this bill, getting through the Senate and becoming law?
People who are here illegally are breaking the law and are already considered "criminals".
If a person is here illegally, except for a few exceptions, they cannot obtain permanent residency.
So I don't see how a new bill will cause something that is already the case.

AHA

I guess, from history, if you are a MEXICAN illegal you can live here as long as you like without any deportation worries!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">