• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of condition on green card.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rogerfr

What is the name of your state? Colorado.
Married us citizen in 1999. I am 59 British Citizen. Need to apply for removal now for march date. Change of status to Green Card in march 2001. Marital problems and will be moving out shortly.No moral or abuse issues. Wife refuses to jointly apply. Know I can apply on own advised by INS to send covering letter explianing circumstances. Can show, I hope, that the marriage was entered into in good faith,( 4 year marrige next year) left very secure position to marry and come to US. Has anyone any experience of INS response to a similar situation? Any insight or advice would be welcome. Any divorce proceedings would not be complete before march date.

N

Nuke

It's really unclear what your question is.

Do you want to get permanent residence? If so, you should be able to get it despite a divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">