• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil suit title vii settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First, turn on the caps lock. It's very difficult to read.

Second, you're getting WAY ahead of the game. You haven't even established that you have a case yet, let alone whether or not it should go to jury. There ARE situations where an employer can LEGALLY let an employee go due to work restrictions. How about you give us a few more details, first?

L

ljh32

No, this Title VII Civil Suit is already filed and past the hearing state & is still in the courts. I was asking the questions as to have a jury or not as I am trying to handle this case as pro se. So I need to know if I should have a jury or not----if it makes any difference or not. Also, if there is a formula to figure out an amount to request for settlement. I haven't been able to find any information on how to figure or come up with a figure. by the way the letting go was a wrongful act --already proven

Beth3

You need to at least consult with an attorney to get answers to these questions. Only someone intimately familiar with the merits of your case as well as legal precedents in your jurisdiction can advise you.

You want someone to advise you on legal strategy - you need considerably more assistance than what you might garner on a pubic bulletin board.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This may seem like a stupid question but if it's already proven why are you going to court? Seems to me that's where you prove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">