• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination of Service Comp Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerelations

If you're asking whether or not this is illegal discrimination, then no, it isn't- Discrimination is only illegal if it's based specifically and directly on things like your race, gender, religion, age (if you're over 40) and/or disability.

But - details matter. Please provide us with some details about your particular issue, and we'll go from there.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, I know if it's illegal to treat employee's differently based on their service comp dates.

It's not.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Virginia

Does anyone know if it is illegal to treat employees differently based off of their service comp dates?
In private employment the answer is clearly that it is not illegal. However, I see the term “service comp date” most commonly with government employment. Are you asking about a government job? If so, what government does the employee work for — federal government, Virginia state government, or some locality? And how is the employer treating the employees differently? The details may matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">