• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA and employer options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

This story's not making any sense. FMLA is only good for 12 weeks. Assuming that you had to do it every week, that would be possible (12x5=60) for 52 weeks, but you say there is 4 to 5 people, that means you should only be inconvenienced about 12 to 15 weeks out of the year. Is it really so bad or is there more to it?

Unless the cba requires equalization of overtime and no right to refuse overtime, op may be the one picking up the overtime every time.

sk8ter20arr

This story's not making any sense. FMLA is only good for 12 weeks. Assuming that you had to do it every week, that would be possible (12x5=60) for 52 weeks, but you say there is 4 to 5 people, that means you should only be inconvenienced about 12 to 15 weeks out of the year. Is it really so bad or is there more to it?
there are 4 shifts that work in my dept. We rotate every 7 days and our off days vary depending on 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift.

If i am working 1st shift and a person on 2nd shift calls out (any reason not coming to work) then if no volunteers I have to stay to cover that position. If i can contact the person working that job on 3rd shift and they agree to come in early then i can leave when they arrive. usually 4hr even split. so if somebody lays out in between my normal work time i could possibly get callef in.

So there is at least one person from 3 crews that gets affected, and people move up and down on particular job based on people bieng on vacation or training etc.

So due to the senority and the job ladder the same group of people are forced to stay over or come in early each week.

you have the option to not come in early if you dont want to, but that same person may do the same the next time you ask them. if you camnot find a qualified relief you end up working 16hrs straight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">