• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just to make sure it is clear, the employer is not obligated to fire the person, but just because they don't fire the person doesn't mean nothing was done. You don't know what kind of warnings were put in their personnel file; what training classes in behavior modification they might have been required to take; or what other disciplinary measures might have been taken. They are not going to report to you what action they took. If the problem stops, the employer has fulfilled their obligation. I'm sure you would like it if the person was fired, but the employer has other things to consider besides what action you would like best.

Oh, and I'm female.

quincy

Just to make sure it is clear, the employer is not obligated to fire the person, but just because they don't fire the person doesn't mean nothing was done. You don't know what kind of warnings were put in their personnel file; what training classes in behavior modification they might have been required to take; or what other disciplinary measures might have been taken. They are not going to report to you what action they took. If the problem stops, the employer has fulfilled their obligation. I'm sure you would like it if the person was fired, but the employer has other things to consider besides what action you would like best.

Oh, and I'm female.
... not that that makes any difference in the information and advice that is dispensed here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">