• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladytsmith001

I am depressed and afraid. he is still employed there , he didn't get FIRED he got a promotion . I'm going to a behavioral health clinic

PayrollHRGuy

There is no requirement that an employee be fired in this situation. Is this person your supervisor and when they received this promotion did it move them further away from you?

quincy

My coworker called me a racist name ,, he admitted this to our supervisor.
If you reported the racist comment to HR, they should have addressed the matter with the employee. If the employee continues to make racist comments, the employer can (and should) take additional actions.

People can be fools. Racists are some of the more ignorant of the foolish. Those who blame one sex for racism are also foolish.

quincy

So its fine for an employee to display this type of behavior ???
No. There is nothing "fine" about it.

But a single racist comment is just that - a single racist comment. If addressed properly, there won't be additional racist comments - just a quiet racist in your midst. I suggest you avoid him when possible.

quincy

So its fine for an employee to display this type of behavior ???
No. There is nothing "fine" about it.

If you reported the comment and HR addressed the matter with the employee, and no further racist comments are made at work, the issue has been resolved.

You are not going to be able to "cure" racism. Racists exist.

If you fear for your safety, call the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">