• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My work place issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MyCase101

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Was with company for the past 16 years and posted for a new position within the company in a new department only to find out I was hired under false promises. Job description was misrepresented. Job level was decreased. Zero job training even though it was required and promised. When I reported to the new position I found very undesirable working conditions had very little working space in limited workspace quarters, working in squalor, office was filled and stacked with numerous boxes and stacks of papers, and reports that were left there from previous employee with no organization and told to clean it up. Promised one type of job position and was being used for another. Was subjected from the period of 04/01/2005 to 06/18/2005 to Intimidation, Humiliation, Embarrassment, Belittling, Degrading demeanor, Email Reprimand, Verbal Abuse, Light physical abuse, The person threw mail at me hitting me in the chest. Old school intimidation, Harassment, and Demeaning comments. Manager was sharing personal information not meant for others to see or know about me with other staff members and just plain intimidation and mental abuse. Cost me a $5,000. Increase promotion. Left the department and went back to my old department and my old position was eliminated when I left for the new position so I had to take a job that decreased my salary to my old salary of what it was when I left. Damaging my reputation. During that time in the new position I had to take a two-week medical disability leave causing me numerous physical and mental health issues and am now being treated with medication for the next 6 months. Would like to know if I have any legal recourse with this at all. Thank you,

Beth3

I don't see any legal recourse here but even if you could find the basis to pursue a civil claim for defrauding you during the recruiting phase/detrimental reliance, your damages would be so limited as to make pursuing this not worthwhile. Of course you're free to discuss this with an attorney but I suspect your best (and only) option will be to look for new empoyment outside this company and put the entire situation behind you. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">