• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pending Spay (Neuter)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suzz

One of our employees recently took sick leave for female surgery (hystorectomy).The owner of the animal hospital, who does a weekly news letter, concerning policy changes, whats going on etc, put in the newletter that she wished our fellow employee the best on her pending "SPAY". A term used for animals (Neuter). To make matters worse, her next news letter brought up "while she's home getting her homones in order" we wish her the best. This newsletter goes out to all 13 employees as well as posted on the clinic bulletin board. I found this appalling as well as my friend. Is this harrassment. What is it.. How can someone get away with such remarks..Feel like she relates to her as if she is a dog..I recomended she go to a employement attorney..Any advice..Thanks
We are in North Carolina

A

Always searching

My take on your situation is that you, suz, are starting problems. It is an animal hospital and the owner was trying to be funny and relate it to the business she has. You are taking this too personally. The intention was not to harm as I see it. Others might disagree, but from what I have seen in business, you shouldn't take things too personally. It might need an apology, but if it was your friend writing, I would be more concerned, however, it is you that is interested in the law suit and wants to encourage her to see an employment attorney. Do you want her gone from this place? That is what I see as your motivation for encouraging her to sue. Animal Hospitals are small compact groups of people and you will be seen as the one encouraging her and fall with her. A little word of advice is probably it would be best for you to mind your own business and let her fight her own battles. People on the whole don't help people sue unless there is an ulterior motive and I think you have one.

A

Attorney_Replogle

In my opinion, I would say that the employer may have committed the civil wrong (a tort) known as Invasion of Privacy. Do indeed have her speak with an employment law attorney near her as he/she will know the best on that state's laws. Try finding one at https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">