• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post interview request by candidate for government positon discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your question was whether or not there is any legal obligation for an employer for a government position to give you feedback on why you were not hired.

Your question was answered. No, there is no such legal obligation.

You also received information on the impressions of the posters as to some potential reasons why you may not have been hired, based on your presentation here. That goes above and beyond what you asked for. What you do with that information is up to you.

Do you have any additional questions?

HRZ

And what makes you think you'd actually get honest feedback anyway ...and people engaging in after the fact feedback at employer level are not very street smart either!

kolabok

Your question was whether or not there is any legal obligation for an employer for a government position to give you feedback on why you were not hired.

Your question was answered. No, there is no such legal obligation.

You also received information on the impressions of the posters as to some potential reasons why you may not have been hired, based on your presentation here. That goes above and beyond what you asked for. What you do with that information is up to you.

Do you have any additional questions?
nope, that's it! you took the words right out of my mouth, informative conversation

kolabok

And what makes you think you'd actually get honest feedback anyway ...and people engaging in after the fact feedback at employer level are not very street smart either!
, I don't. true human distinctive behavior, the Hiring manager's brother in law got the job

commentator

And that is not illegal. At least you know it was not anything you said or did in the interview process that caused you to lose out. Keep the doors open and the applications updated, brother in law of somebody may not work out or last long. By the way, are you kin to anybody who could put in a good word for you? Now that you know how things like this operate, it never hurts to play the game at that level yourself.

pe315512

It's hard to pinpoint what you are after because every federal agency is different. Example if I worked for the EEOC or wanted to be hired by the EEOC felt I was being discriminated against during interview ECT. The agency has its own complaint system that must be exhausted first and internal investigation before I can request any documents that I may or may not be able to legally obtain in discovery [FRCP] 26. If you are asking if you can use a [FOIA] to retrieve documents from the federal agency you applied to ...to build as case of discrimination based on what ever hypothesis you want to prove is far fetched somehow you half to prove that HR in a federal agency is deem public record. It best that you contact your congressman as they have a better understanding of the federal system before deciding legal action just to see what response you get I would do so as a concerned citizen. I was hired by a medical agency when the FAA would not accept whatever medical approval for a doctor to work in aviation in the medical department.. they stated no positions were available. I pulled a Congressman card stated it was wage discrimination that the doctor has every right to compete as every other doctor... I got the VP on the phone 1 month later with a private hotline service. Maybe this is helpful maybe not. I hope it crosses things of your list to get to answer closer. Good luck! :)

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I realized that the ADA accommodation she wants from FA is most likely due to a cognitive/emotional disability, given her strange postings and utter lack of anything useful to add. So I view her posts through a "there, there, let-me-give-you-a-cookie" lense.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
It's hard to pinpoint what you are after because every federal agency is different.
Had you read the thread you would have known that the OP was applying for a local government job, not a federal job. The rules and process for hiring are considerably different for the feds than for state and local government agencies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">