• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaliation in the work place

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dupaul54

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I have looked through our hr hand book and it says that under title VII of the civil righs act of 1964 Employees are protected from Discrimination includeing harassment of any sort. The companys process says that you should confront the alleged harasser, Report the behavior to management or HR Document Details/witnesses. The HR book also covers the investigative process that the HR department must go through. The Investigation will be timely, be confidenitial,and they will not tolerate retaliation of any kind. Our companys Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative action Policies, says that employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment,intimidation, threats,coercion or discrimination because they have engaged in or may engage in any of the following activities. 1. Filling a complaint. 2.assisting or participarting in an investigation,compliance review,hearing or any other activity related to the administration of section 503 of the rehabilitation Act of 1973. Every thing that has happen to me over the last 6 months is because of a letter that was given to our HR department. Our supervisor did not want to know what was going on in the warehouse. In less than one week I went from being the best employee to the worst. And for our policys for what we do on the warehouse floor there are no written policys. I have asked my supervisor and HR they have never had a written policy for the warehouse floor. This means that the warehouse manager can make up any rule when ever he wants. When it comes to being treated the same that is not happening. If are a latin woman you can talk all day long if you are speaking english then you are wrong. I have been yelled at in front of other employees, I have tried to speak with my boss but for the past 5 months he will not talk to me because of what happen last year. The bottom line to all of this is that my employer can treat me any way they want as long as it does not cover race, religion, natonal origin, gender,disability, pregnancy or because I am over 40. So there is nothing I can do?

Thank you for your time

Beth3

"The bottom line to all of this is that my employer can treat me any way they want as long as it does not cover race, religion, natonal origin, gender,disability, pregnancy or because I am over 40." Basically, yes. As long as you're not being treated less favorably BECAUSE of any of those characteristics, no laws have been broken.

"So there is nothing I can do?" If you feel you are being treated unfairly and HR/more senior management won't resolve the problem or they don't see it your way, then you always have the option to seek employment elsewhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">