• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair work load

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sirkel

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I wasn't sure if this is discrimination, but it is unfair.
A few of us at my workplace are being made to run three CNC machines while other people only run one of the exact same type of CNC machine, or some two. We all get paid the exact same amount per hour. Us who have to run three machines are doing 3 times the amount of work than the person running one machine, or 1.5 times the person running two machines or the equivalent of two machines, and we all get paid the same. Sex, age, or race has nothing to do with it, it was just how things worked out when they moved the machines into new positions in order to try and save labor cost. Is there anything that can be done about this situation?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sex, age, or race has nothing to do with it, it was just how things worked out when they moved the machines into new positions in order to try and save labor cost.

And thus it is not illegal discrimination.

It may be unfair, but it is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">