• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a teacher question a minor about her living situation without a parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

That’s insane. I’m glad that schools around here haven’t taken cost cutting that far yet.
Studies have rather consistently shown that students consume their school lunches in 7 to 10 minutes. I suppose that is why the schools feel short lunch periods are okay.

I can provide links to these studies later, and links to other studies that show how nutrition can suffer when students are given only a short time for lunch - but this is straying a bit from what we are guessing are the concerns of the original poster. :)

To make up for short lunches, most of the teachers in the schools in my area allow students to bring "nutritious snacks" into the classroom.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thanks, HRZ. I'm glad you asked (SOMEONE had to - obviously the hints weren't making it through to the OP) but if something can't be done to stop the spamming, the world (and the OP) may never know...

quincy

OP what is really bothering you?
I fear the original poster may not return to let us know what concerns him/her - or perhaps the original poster read the responses and we managed to hit on the answer that was sought. :)

(the spam is affecting the drug charges section of the forum only - new posts can be found by looking at main board postings)

Pinkie39

The school where I work allows 22 minutes, and that includes the trek to and from the cafeteria, selecting food, going through the cashier, finding a table, eating, and clearing. I allow students to bring the remnants of their lunch into my classroom (as long as they clean up afterward) because I hate to think of them throwing wanted food away. For some, they will not eat again until we serve breakfast again in the morning.
My high school freshman son gets about 30 minutes for lunch. And our school district is one of the best in Ohio. He had 25 minutes for lunch in middle school.

quincy

My high school freshman son gets about 30 minutes for lunch. And our school district is one of the best in Ohio. He had 25 minutes for lunch in middle school.
That sounds more reasonable, especially when you consider cafeteria lines can move slow and kids often need to use restrooms during their lunch periods.

And with less time to eat, kids often wind up tossing good food in the trash.

That said, my kids DO pretty much inhale their food. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">