• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you bail someone out of juvie in California?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Haleybm

California. My friend made a joke about shooting up the school online and someone turned him in. He is now in juvie. Can he be bailed out? What charges will he get? Is there anyway I can help, I don't care how much it costs I just want him out asap? Please help.

CdwJava

No, he cannot be bailed out of juvie. If they intend to release him, it will be to his parents with conditions attached.

What he might be charged with depends on details none of us know about. It could be anything from a misdemeanor to a serious, violent felony.

About all you can do to help might be to contribute money to your friend's family to help them pay an attorney, and maybe relate to your other friends the importance of not being stupid! Maybe, encourage them to take a break from social media for a while. Saying stuff on-line can get you in serious trouble!

quincy

California. My friend made a joke about shooting up the school online and someone turned him in. He is now in juvie. Can he be bailed out? What charges will he get? Is there anyway I can help, I don't care how much it costs I just want him out asap? Please help.
How old is your friend? That your friend thought "joking" online about shooting up a school was a good idea shows a remarkable lack of intelligence.

Here is a link to California's Penal Code section 422, Criminal Threats: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=422&lawCode=PEN

I applaud whoever it was that reported your friend's posting to authorities.

justalayman

Yes. That, too.
This hits especially close to home this week. A student was arrested just a day ago after his parents reported him to the police. He apparently made some form of threat. Upon acting on the initial reports by the parents it was discovered the kid had a couple sawed off shotguns and Molotov ****tails and intended on attacking his school and expressed an intent to attack his school on Monday.

I live in a rural area where we have relatively small school systems and small enrollment (they closed the school system that had less than 10 students a couple years ago but my local system has less than 1000 students total from k-12).

It hurts to see what was once relegated to larger school systems in larger metro areas reaching to the level of our small country schools. While I hate to say it; it’s time we all become more vigilant about possible issues and not pass them off as unlikely or some idiot kid just talking crap.

I just read that the issue in Maryland may have been able to be prevented. There were rumors or threats on Snapchat for a month prior to the attack

I applaud the parents in the situation near me and whomever reported your idiot friend for acting when they heard the threat or for some other reason believed there was a reason for concern.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This hits especially close to home this week. A student was arrested just a day ago after his parents reported him to the police. He apparently made some form of threat. Upon acting on the initial reports by the parents it was discovered the kid had a couple sawed off shotguns and Molotov ****tails and intended on attacking his school and expressed an intent to attack his school on Monday.

I live in a rural area where we have relatively small school systems and small enrollment (they closed the school system that had less than 10 students a couple years ago but my local system has less than 1000 students total from k-12).

It hurts to see what was once relegated to larger school systems in larger metro areas reaching to the level of our small country schools. While I hate to say it; it’s time we all become more vigilant about possible issues and not pass them off as unlikely or some idiot kid just talking crap.

I just read that the issue in Maryland may have been able to be prevented. There were rumors or threats on Snapchat for a month prior to the attack

I applaud the parents in the situation near me and whomever reported your idiot friend for acting when they heard the threat or for some other reason believed there was a reason for concern.
Yet it was not prevented two victims were shot and it is reported the shooter was killed.

My daughter's school had someone taken out in handcuffs for threatening to shoot up her school. The school informed everyone the same day my son's middle school was overrun with police officers and the medal detectors were brought out because there was a threat which is the same day the local catholic school was evacuated due to threats.

I don't feel sympathy for OP's friend. OP's friend screwed up and caused a lot of grief for others with his comments.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It's automatic. The first four letters aren't allowed here ;)
You also can't say the following (this could go very good or very bad depending):
tits
mother****er
****sucker
piss
(The prior are thanks to George Carlin)
You can't say Mom's name
Or Dad's name
or an derivative such as ******i ...

Then separate from that...
****s

I think you can say:
damn
hell
testicles
Dick (as in Richard)
Now I am going to post this and apparently I am wrong about some of them. Now I am totally confused... I don't what we can say or not...

Zigner you can call them penistails. Though that doesn't sound attractive at all.

(This thread needed some levity people... have a sense of humor and take this how it was intended and not as being rude, crude or anything else).

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
But roosters don't have ..

Oh.

Nm, carry on.

:D
The Ohio State Bar Association literally has a conference room called the co*k room because there are roosters all over it. And speaking of language, a congressman in Nevada had one of his aides call a constituent's school and had him suspended as well as removed from school government because the student dared to call from the student's home and told the congressman to get off his effing as* and do something to prevent school shootings. The poor snowflake couldn't handle a constituent call and threw a tantrum.

And back to OP, your friend needed suspended for the threat. Because that is what it was.

justalayman

Yet it was not prevented two victims were shot and it is reported the shooter was killed.

My daughter's school had someone taken out in handcuffs for threatening to shoot up her school. The school informed everyone the same day my son's middle school was overrun with police officers and the medal detectors were brought out because there was a threat which is the same day the local catholic school was evacuated due to threats.

I don't feel sympathy for OP's friend. OP's friend screwed up and caused a lot of grief for others with his comments.
The one very very close to me was prevented. Those are the parents I spoke of and of whomever reported op’s friend.

I made the point that apparently there was something on the internet concerning the one today where the two victims were shot and nobody did anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">