• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Defendants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DragonWoman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

My son has been arrested, along with 3 other juveniles for a breaking and entering crime. The mother of one of the co-defendants is calling around to various people in our community, telling them the crime was my son's idea, and asking them to submit letters about what a bad kid my son is. This is her son's 4th or 5th incarceration, but only my son's first. Well, regardless of that, is it legal for her to be doing this?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

My son has been arrested, along with 3 other juveniles for a breaking and entering crime. The mother of one of the co-defendants is calling around to various people in our community, telling them the crime was my son's idea, and asking them to submit letters about what a bad kid my son is. This is her son's 4th or 5th incarceration, but only my son's first. Well, regardless of that, is it legal for her to be doing this?
Her behavior is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">