• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The consequences of educational neglect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

Educational neglect is getting up in someone's business? I prefer this family member have an education higher than that of Jethro Bodene.
I would suggest you get up all in the States Departments business and ask why educational standards are so low.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No brainless, I don't want to be specific here because this is the internet and we are talking about a child.
No, we're talking about your accusation against an adult. I am asking how you are related to this adult and why you are all up in this adult's business.

Just Blue

No brainless, I don't want to be specific here because this is the internet and we are talking about a child. If I were specific than the people involved could come to this board and figure out who has reported them. I personally don't care about the parent knowing... they are garbage and I want nothing to do with them. There are other people involved who would rather not let it be known that I reported them, and they do care (although they agree that the parent needs to be reported).

I should defer to you however since it is obvious that you are a victim of educational neglect.
Stop. Do not take your anger out on members of this forum. Be mad at the parent(s) of the child and your flipping state that allows such low standards for their education.

quincy

No brainless, I don't want to be specific here because this is the internet and we are talking about a child. If I were specific than the people involved could come to this board and figure out who has reported them. I personally don't care about the parent knowing... they are garbage and I want nothing to do with them. There are other people involved who would rather not let it be known that I reported them, and they do care (although they agree that the parent needs to be reported).

I should defer to you however since it is obvious that you are a victim of educational neglect.
Your comments now indicate you would be unable to recognize educational neglect if you saw it.

It appears any report you might make about the education of the child has less to do with the child and more to do with your hatred of the mom.

I suggest you speak to an attorney in your area for additional advice.

commentator

Because this is Tennessee and in the name of the sacred cow of "Christian homeschooling" and no new taxes, we are in a race to the bottom of educational standards for the whole country. Thank God for Arkansas, Mississippi, and a few others or we'd be down there. I know exactly how frustrating this can be, I witness people around me all the time who are simply too lazy to get their children up and ready for school every day who claim to be homeschooling. there's nothing much that is done about it. Tragic, but not something you could complain about to any entity about, as someone has pointed out, there may be an "attendance officer" (used to be called a truant officer) for a county school system, but that person is way behind the eight ball and has lots of other things to worry about.

Just Blue

Because this is Tennessee and in the name of the sacred cow of "Christian homeschooling" and no new taxes, we are in a race to the bottom of educational standards for the whole country. Thank God for Arkansas, Mississippi, and a few others or we'd be down there. I know exactly how frustrating this can be, I witness people around me all the time who are simply too lazy to get their children up and ready for school every day who claim to be homeschooling. there's nothing much that is done about it. Tragic, but not something you could complain about to any entity about, as someone has pointed out, there may be an "attendance officer" (used to be called a truant officer) for a county school system, but that person is way behind the eight ball and has lots of other things to worry about.
^^might be the saddest post I have seen here.

quincy

It is nice to hear from a forum member from Tennessee. I actually had a hard time believing what I read about Tennessee home-schooling. Sadly enough, you confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">