• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fighting kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

morrisonros3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois. my 13 year old and two other young men were involved in a fight. one of the other young men had gotten into a fight, my son witnessed the fight and grab the men to break it up. the police were called and my son was questioned and the police stated that my son and the 1 of other young men were not the ones who were fighting or started the fight but that both young men threw a punch while the fight was goin on. subsequently my son has been charged with 2 counts of mob action and one count of battery. in addition, all of the young men are now friends again and playing as usual. what do you believe the chances of my son really being convicted of these felony charges?? what happen to the days of kids being kids???? if i was charged with a felony every time me and my best friend of 37 years were fighting as children, i wouldnt have stood a chance in life now!!! need some advice. do i need to really hire a expensive lawyer or what is really necessary for me to do????What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

my 13 year old and two other young men were involved in a fight. one of the other young men had gotten into a fight, my son witnessed the fight and grab the men to break it up.
Okay ... let me get this straight ... your son is alleging he tried to break up a fight between the other two "young men"?

what do you believe the chances of my son really being convicted of these felony charges??
Without knowing the evidence the state has and the specific code section(s) he has been charged with, no one can say. If it happened as you say and all parties run with that, then I suspect this will go away in short order.

if i was charged with a felony every time me and my best friend of 37 years were fighting as children, i wouldnt have stood a chance in life now!!!
By itself, fighting is NOT going to be a felony. A lot more has to come into play to make a fist fight a felony. if not some injury, then some other heinous act to support or encourage the fight would have to occur.

Yes, it would be best to consult an attorney. better safe than sorry.

- Carl

morrisonros3

yes, i do believe my son, he's not a fighter. he is not a innocent child without fault but a fighter he is not. but no i dont know if all parties are goin with the same story, because if they were, no charges would be pending with the two additional kids. yes the kid looked as though he had been in a fight, but no excessive injuries, no medical, no hospitalization. i mean, no more than a bruise a two, but to add to this delima, the two kids were fighting over a stolen bike. so no charges could be brought on the victim for taken the bike, because the police state he was the victim. but im not disputing that. kids fight and when do we has adults cross the line. again, all these kids are friends again. i had never heard of mob action felony in children with this type of altercation but i just wanted to get some additional info.

morrisonros3

the police stated to me directly that the two additional kids were not the ones who started the fight, that it appeared that the other two kids were fighting over a bike but that my child and the other kid threw a punch while the fight were going and that constitutes mob action.

CdwJava

All the more reason to consult an attorney. if this is being charged as a felony it would certainly be in your son's best interest to be represented by counsel.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">