• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, my parents have my money!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerelations

It's a big illegal mess and he doesn't want to "vouch" for you to your parents because he doesn't want them to get him into legal doo-doo. (His business may be legal but paying you cash under the table is not.)

quincy

I don’t have a work permit, didn’t know I needed one. They think that it’s not mine as if I stole it.
Ahh. So your parents were unaware you were working and the person who has been paying you refuses to acknowledge your employment. Probably because he was violating the law.

What sort of work were you doing?

Anovak2018

Quit your job. Go to the mall or wherever and get a JOB that pays you legally. Also get a checking or savings account. Also report the (STBX) employer for his tax fraud. This is the advice I would give to my children.
I no longer work there, so it is my understanding there is nothing I can do?!?!

quincy

Other than report your former employer?

No. There does not appear to be anything you can do to get the money back from your parents.

I agree with the advice offered you by Bambi.

Just Blue

Sorry Hon....My children live i a different state that actually protects rights. I truly wish the best for you....I will leave you to the experts. :)

Sorry for replying to this thread as I should really not have. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">