• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out-of-State Runaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LGates

What is the name of your state? Florida

A girl I know has runaway out of state to Georgia. She is 15 and the adult male she ran away with is 19 or 20.

In order to get to Georgia, the man she was with stole a truck from his friend. The friend filed a missing car report, but then the boy and the girl were found with his truck, he decided not to press charges.

At this point in time, the police in Georgia are releasing the male, who has been in trouble with the law, spending time in prison, or maybe a juvenile hold type facility because of crimes he committed as a minor while living in Iowa.

I don't know all of the details, but just that Georgia police are releasing the young man, though he took the girl, has been sleeping with her, and also took a vehicle that was not his. If a toxicology test were run on him, or anything that could trace drugs in his system, I can give you a 100% guarantee that you would find it.

Not only this, but they are also refusing to release the girl back to her parents. So, as I type this, her parents are driving to Georgia to figure out what they have to do in order to bring her home. The girl claims abuse, when in all actuality, her parents have kept her grounded for the last month because she is what you could deem as a "troubled youth". She had no problems at all with her parents or anyone else until she began to get involved with the crowd of kids she has been with for the last few months.

Anyway though, is what the police in Georgia doing lawful? Because the male she was with has a previous arrest and incarceration record, can he be released?

JETX

LGates said:
Anyway though, is what the police in Georgia doing lawful?
Yes.

Because the male she was with has a previous arrest and incarceration record, can he be released?
Yes.

And I agree.... what is YOUR involvement or interest in this problem???

BelizeBreeze

And I concur. Not only is his release lawful, simply being with a 15 year-old is not grounds to arrest him.
So, answer the question put to you twice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">