• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape (19 male, 16 female)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yesman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
I am 19 years old and am about to start dating a 16 year old, I have never dated a women younger than me so I wanted to find out if there are any laws against sexual conduct in this situation. if so then what is the limit, I just want to be safe knowing that I won't get in trouble with the law. thanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

"Dating" has no age constraints.

Having sex with does, but in this case, if you are positive she is 16, the law won't be involved. That's provided you're not related or in any supervisory (foster parent, teacher, employer, counselor) role with ehre. Watch out for fathers with shot guns however.

Last edited:

Country Living

There was a time when dating meant you wanted to get to know someone better to see if you might have a long-term (e.g. marriage) relationship with them. I surmise from this young man’s post that the purpose of dating these days is the guarantee to have someone to have sex with on Saturday nights.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Y'know, questions like this really make me ill.

Listen, buster, if you don't want any problems with the law keep your pants zipped. Even if statutory rape is off the table, and if it were up to me there'd be a Federal law making the age of consent 18 or older in every state (there's no way a 16 year old has the emotional maturity to make an informed decision on sex) there are still plenty of other things you can be charged with, particularly if her father takes exception to your behavior. You're supposed to be an adult - adults should be able to control themselves and not just follow their ....hormones...around.

If you're that hard up for sex, there are other ways to deal with it without taking advantage of a child. And no matter how you slice it and no matter where the law gives her permission to consent, a 16 year old is a child.

yesman

Thanks. And by the way I am only dating her and don't plan on having sex with her on Saturday nights. I have never dated a younger girl and wanted to be safe so I thought it would be smart to find out exactly what the law states in this situation. I am not the man who would ever take advantage of a girl so don't make assumptions and don't call me buster.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, buster, if you have no intentions of having sex with her, buster, why did you ask the question, buster?

The question provides for the assumption. Buster.

Country Living

Older men do not date high school girls unless it’s for a nefarious reason. Either you’re too immature to have healthy relationships with women your own age or you plan to take advantage of this young girl.

You’re already planning on having sex with her or you wouldn’t be calling your posting “statutory rape”. I hope her parents find out quickly and put an end to this dangerous foolishness.

yesman

I'm not arguing anymore, this is rediculous, you all think your right so i'll let you believe you still are. Have fun bashing on people for the rest of your life. And do all relationships have to be a one or two year difference? Should I tell her to wait till she's out of high school before I can date her? I am more mature than you would ever be, I wish this was a personal conversation. I've had relationships with 23 year old women when I was a senior in high school. I have had more experience in every one of life's situations than anyone my age. You will not make assumptions about the person I am! I am not planning anything or have intentions you sick pervert, I am watching my back because I would never want to get involved with the law. Why would I come to a well respected website to ask a mature question if I just wanted to have sex with her? You all live pathetic lives and I hope you realize sooner or later that there is more to life than living on the other end of a computer screen arguing with somone you don't know.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you're about ten or fifteen years older, son, you are going to read that post of yours, realize how IMMATURE it was, and spend the next two weeks ducking behind trees and hiding under couches lest someone figure out that you were the idiotic noisebox who posted such drivel.

In the meantime, if it makes you feel better to think that this kind of bragging makes you sound mature and adult, you go right ahead and think it.

yesman

No, I already know how immature it was and I stopped talking to her. So you can all pat eachothers backs. Thanks for the advice, just stop assuming who people are because everyone has different backgrounds.

yesman

I know I am mature and an adult. I felt the need to brag because none of you would of believe me if I didn't. I am not one of the people who date much more younger women and I'm glad you all helped. But next time try to resolve the issue instead of bash the person who asked the question. JEEZ. I felt like you were my parents.

yesman

and your going on 23,000 posts so heres some advice, I'm not the noisebox, you are. I wanted an answer, I got it and another life lesson so thank you and please stfu.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If I may split a hair here, no one assumed "who you were"; they responded to the question that you asked. If you weren't planning on the action, you'd have no need for the legal status. That's not assuming - that's common sense.

And what makes you think that bragging makes you more believable? News flash, son, it makes you less believable.

My kids are older than you, so I think I have a right to sound like your parent.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I know I am mature and an adult. I felt the need to brag because none of you would of believe me if I didn't. I am not one of the people who date much more younger women and I'm glad you all helped. But next time try to resolve the issue instead of bash the person who asked the question. JEEZ. I felt like you were my parents.
At least your parents sound like they tried to instill some values in you. Too bad they failed. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">