• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ASBESTOS EXPOSURE BY LANDLORD!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RussellJDS

From Washington State USA. HELP!! I have ben living in this 110 year old house for more than 5 years now. One day the local cable company had to replace old cable with new at this house were apts. are rented. They were going to go up from the dirt floored basement thru the walls with cable, but upon entering the basement IMMEDIATELY got out of there. I asked them why this desicion and they told me that the house was full of decomposing ASBESTOS pipe wrapping and that the walls had it in them too. If that were not enough, Summer of 2000 the landlord had me down there rolling around in it doing some work for rent stuff. AND if THAT werent enough, I was cutting a hole in the floor to where he was (and did) hook the dryer exhaust hose to the floor directly over the ASBESTOS pipes and powdery remanents on the dirt ground, blowing it all over the drafty house. OH BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE, then he took the dryer exhaust out of that hole because it was providing a warm place for local cats to dwell, and hooks it directly into the ASBETOS insulated walls. Not through wall to outside venting but dryer exhausts INTO the wall with no outside escape. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO, OR WHO TO TURN TO, but I have been fatigued to the point of having to sleep and rest periodically during the day. I am not wealthy and I dont know what to do? PLEASE HELP ME???
Russel JD Smith, 602 N. Pine #9, Ellensburg WA 98926, email [email protected]

R

RussellJDS

HomeGuru said:
Yes Grasshopper, it is time for you to leave.
And sue his freakin ass.

Sensei
Guru, I know that much, but I dont know how to go about doing this. And I know lawsuits are grueling, but the main thing is I have this line of thinking that since I dont have the $$ for lawyer it aint gonna happen. Oh, and the guy has big $$, probably close to millionaire if he aint. But he got by doing the crap he did to me. Is there a particular type of attorney I should look for? Is this something an well experience attorney should do? Should I go to Gov. agencies and if so what ones? The worst part is I cant leave cause I got nowhere to go to and unemployed for the last 24 weeks fighting for my UI Benifits (which I will get soon in retro check of $2,200). I want to do this right and be successful for two reason: 1) For my compensation 2) so the jerk cant do this to any more people.

L

LL

Obviously, you are not wealthy, and you are also not intelligent.

For your primary problem, you don't need an attorney. You just need to pack your bags and leave, but you haven't done that. Every day that you stay under these conditions, you are re-affirming your belief that it is OK.

You don't fool anyone that " I want to do this right and be successful for two reason: 1) For my compensation 2) so the jerk cant do this to any more people."

You want the money. But you will try to claim the money for the LANDLORD's injury to your health, but you aren't doing anything at all yourself for your health because you are afraid that you won't get the right lawyer, or you won't say the right thing or in some other way you will jeopardize, not your health, but your only chance in life to get some money when you have never had any.

R

RussellJDS

LL said:
Obviously, you are not wealthy, and you are also not intelligent.

For your primary problem, you don't need an attorney. You just need to pack your bags and leave, but you haven't done that. Every day that you stay under these conditions, you are re-affirming your belief that it is OK.

You don't fool anyone that " I want to do this right and be successful for two reason: 1) For my compensation 2) so the jerk cant do this to any more people."

You want the money. But you will try to claim the money for the LANDLORD's injury to your health, but you aren't doing anything at all yourself for your health because you are afraid that you won't get the right lawyer, or you won't say the right thing or in some other way you will jeopardize, not your health, but your only chance in life to get some money when you have never had any.

Mr. LL, commenting on the things you have is no help what so ever, I will be notifying the site managers about this response. I find your response to be presumptous, and fascist in its best light (which is your right as as an American). Clearly you are not an attorney and I would surmize from your response, not much of a landlord as well.
I will not offer my assesment of your character or or what type of human being I see you as from this response. I came here looking for help and you give me this. SIC SEMPER TYRANUS.

L

LL

Evidently, you don't even know what a fascist is.

I am not sure which part of my response would lead you to surmize (sic) about my ability as a landlord, but as an American, you have the right to express your opinion, even if it is a stupid one.

No doubt you can find an attorney to bring a suit for you, but such an attorney will probably want to minimize a jury's chance to see and to hear you, because evidently, you are personally the weakest part of your own case.

You cannot escape the fact that you are continuing to stay in this environment by your own choice. And while you think that my response is "presumptous" (sic) (and what am I presuming, here?) there continues to be an ethical problem here in that you are more interested in staying and continuing to risk your health on your own initiative, in favor of chasing a money-making opportunity.

You even included your address, probably hoping that some ambulance chasing (web-site chasing?) attorney will send you his card. You will probably succeed in at least this regard.

R

RussellJDS

LL said:
Evidently, you don't even know what a fascist is.

I am not sure which part of my response would lead you to surmize (sic) about my ability as a landlord, but as an American, you have the right to express your opinion, even if it is a stupid one.

No doubt you can find an attorney to bring a suit for you, but such an attorney will probably want to minimize a jury's chance to see and to hear you, because evidently, you are personally the weakest part of your own case.

You cannot escape the fact that you are continuing to stay in this environment by your own choice. And while you think that my response is "presumptous" (sic) (and what am I presuming, here?) there continues to be an ethical problem here in that you are more interested in staying and continuing to risk your health on your own initiative, in favor of chasing a money-making opportunity.

You even included your address, probably hoping that some ambulance chasing (web-site chasing?) attorney will send you his card. You will probably succeed in at least this regard.

You "presume" to know my motives, you dont. and the entire details of my situation are not posted (nor will they be). Your "ambulance" comment is equal to saying it is weak or wrong to ask for help - that dear landlord is stupid. "There is no FREEDOM without bloodshed" and if my life is at risk for my liberty then so be it. It is principles that set us apart from the animals. Should my health suffer that I might remain true to myself and my spiritualaty, and continue to have my personal freedoms and liberty, then it is well worthy the price. Yes the $$ is a part of the picture, no denying that, thats why its called compensation. But it is a bonus not the primary goal or everything I believe in is bogus. So simply stop responding and allow those who want TO HELP the space to do so.

L

LL

Russ, I owe you an apology.

I thought to tell you about the risk to your health from staying around asbestos. I didn't know that your life was at risk for your liberty.

By all means, remain true to yourself and your spiritualaty.

In God We Trust

E PLURIBUS UNUM

HomeGuru

Hey writer, I was ready to give you the response that you wanted but since you treated LL that way, you get nothing but asbestos fibers in the air.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">