• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract question - incorrect dates make invalid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rabiddog156

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

Another quick post: my previous post concerned issues I've had with my landlord not making appropriate repairs to the apartment I've leased and the surrounding building. I'm currently trying to find a way to terminate my lease without excessive penalty. One thing I've noticed on the lease is that it's leased out for six months (starting Sept. 16, 09), but the end date on the lease is Sept. 15 (no year but 2010 is implied). Does this incorrect date make the lease invalid? I've already paid the rent for the first two weeks if that makes a difference.

FarmerJ

IF the lease says its 6 months it stands as 6 months even without it saying a ending month and year I could see a court saying it was still valid for 6 months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">