• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposit questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sebrina.colon@g

State GA Question I had a lease with ex. It was up and we broke up and put in notice to move then she decided to renew the lease without me. I am not on new lease and all requirements were completed. Can they refuse to return my deposit and keep it for her?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
State GA Question I had a lease with ex. It was up and we broke up and put in notice to move then she decided to renew the lease without me. I am not on new lease and all requirements were completed. Can they refuse to return my deposit and keep it for her?
Was your lease with the ex? Or, were you and the ex both on a lease with the landlord?

adjusterjack

Yes.

You need to get your half back from your ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">