• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave 30 Day Notice/Want to Retract Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1210

What is the name of your state? TX

I need some advice, I gave a 30 day notice earlier today to vacate my apartment at the end of August. Techically the notice was 30 days +. This notice was given to terminate my lease (reletting fee).

However, I was informed later this afternoon that my relocating with my employer fell through. I attempted to rescind my 30 days notice but was told another person but a deposit down on my apartment today. This all happened within 4 hours time frame.

Do I have any options? Is there a time frame where I can rescind my notice without penalty and keep my lease in full force?

According to MGMT here, the couple didnt' sign a lease, only put down a deposit on my apartment. Any options?

Thanks,
Mark

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">