• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to remove someone from property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

homeidaho

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I need advice on how to remove people from a property. Its a little different than your normal landlord tenant issues. My grandparents moved out of their old home and their grandson moved in with his girlfriend. They don't pay rent, utilities, taxes or anything but they have since destroyed the property. They keep getting fines for the trash and junk that has accumulated and the house is infested with mice.

Any advice on how to make them move and what needs to be done on my grandparents part would be great.

Thanks

Just Blue

I need advice on how to remove people from a property. Its a little different than your normal landlord tenant issues. My grandparents moved out of their old home and their grandson moved in with his girlfriend. They don't pay rent, utilities, taxes or anything but they have since destroyed the property. They keep getting fines for the trash and junk that has accumulated and the house is infested with mice.

Any advice on how to make them move and what needs to be done on my grandparents part would be great.

Thanks
They have to evict following the LL/tenant law of Idaho. And yes I know that they don't pay rent...they are still tenants.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Thanks
Your grandparents will need to evict them. It's really not much different from "normal" landlord tenant issues...

HRZ

1.Owner reads the rules on eviction procedure and follow them to a T

2. OWner hires a lawyer to do,what owner is unwilling or unable to do.., pays lawyer well.

3. Owner takes a large bundle of cash , and with a cast iron stomach and iron will, pays the occupant to surrender the place , cash for keys, written mutual surrender, and the tenant is not allowed to set foot the place everagain..and the moving van is there at the time ...no trips back inside for stuff or even the bathroom

4. OWner takes a big drink of his or her favorite brew and never again rents or allows others to use the place

5 Just out of curiosity..did grandson move in with permission or with acquiescence of owners or what ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">