• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Lying in Small Claims Court/Falsify court documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaysen1981

Iowa.

Short senerio. My ex landlord is suing me for 5,000.00 in small claims court. He is suing me basically b/c he is low on money and is a scandalous person. He signed off on papers indicating the whole residence was in like or same condition when I left. We did a walk through together. No he is suing me. I never gave him my address when I left b/c he signed off on the papers. I did not want him nor his felon people who works for him to know where I live. As i have had issues with them stealing from me and entering my house when I am not there - hence - main reason for moving. He petitioned me to court and I am counter suing him for 5k. The paper he attached to the court document is a lie. I have proof I paid all my rent, he is indicating I did not pay 2 months of rent. I have signed copies of checks that prove I paid. He is trying to make me pay for 2 garage doors when he only has one and when I left everything was fine. He is charging me for paint for the whole house and garage floor and basement floor. The basement flooded and turned yelloe (white paint) he was informed. But he is wanting me to pay for it. Among other things like this -stealing, entering and letting his gf tan in the house I was renting, he admitted to doing this, threats, ect..keeps going. He is searching for money b/c he is broke and I can prove everything is a lie. I am suing him for punitive damages and defrauding the justice system and harrassment. Since I can prove he is lying to the court and lied on documents is there any fines or jail time he would get?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">