• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintenance requests ignored

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

etomne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina
Hi, I am renting an apartment at Magnolia Townhomes of Spartanburg SC. My maintenance requests are ignored. Manager is just keeps promising that she will send a maintenance to repair my appliance. Keep lying for months. Always has excuses. I have all copies of my reqests and emails from manager.

adjusterjack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina
Hi, I am renting an apartment at Magnolia Townhomes of Spartanburg SC. My maintenance requests are ignored. Manager is just keeps promising that she will send a maintenance to repair my appliance. Keep lying for months. Always has excuses. I have all copies of my reqests and emails from manager.
Check out your landlord tenant statutes. Start with 27-40-440 Landlord to maintain premises. Then look at Article 7 - Remedies.

https://law.justia.com/codes/south-carolina/2017/title-27/chapter-40/

Might be something in there to help you.

FarmerJ

Stop calling and use written on paper real letters where you keep a copy and send the letters via certificate of mailing ( it is a very basic receipt that proves you had sent to them mail , and never had a court up here refuse to accept that method of proof that communication was sent ) If they still wont make repairs then consider calling your city housing inspectors desk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">