• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marshall after order to show cause is expired. No place to go.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linenoise

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York, NY

6 weeks (give or take) ago I won a case in Manhattan court to stay an eviction so I could find a place in reasonable amount of time. The judge gave me 6 weeks and I was to move into my new place on the 15th (this month) however I recently found out I can not move in until 30th of april due to a mistake made by the real estate agent as the occupant will still be there. i have no where else to go. Is there anything I can do, get an extension? can I revisit the judge? Thank you

P.S. Part of the problem with me getting out of here is that the landlord was taking my mail, I dont know why she did this - but I did call the police and they caught her with my mail (I used UV ink dye) and she admitted to doing it. Just mentioning this to see if it will help my case - I am not looking to stay here, I want to leave, I have a place to go I just need 11 days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you. - Chris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">