• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reasonable accommodation....???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused0909

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas. I have a 4everly autistic son. We've lived in my apt for 9 years. The apt faces the playground 20 feet away.

I notified my landlord I would be late with my rent this month. I received a 3 day demand. Ok. Before this 3 day limit expired, I gave a partial payment and asked if I could have approval to make late payments this month. Pay agreement would prevent eviction and allow my son to attend the school that's been made accessible just for him, as his iep is developed months ahead befoee the school term.

Partial payment was returned citing company policy.

6 days later I received a 30 day eviction notice. No copy of company policy, no acknowledgment of my request for pauyment plan, nothing. Come to find out, my neighbor received a payment plan. I had since made two more attempts to pay my rent in full. Denied.

My apt is subsidized, receiving govt money for rental assisstance.

My question is, would the reasonable accommodation provision under the fair housing act?
If equal opportunity don't apply here, then plz let me know where it does. Plz help me I'm so confused!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">