• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of Eviction Judgement on Credit Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4n14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been living in my apartment for seven years and back in 2007 an eviction was filed against me (due to a miscommunication regarding a payment arrangement I made). I had to go to court and it was agreed that as long as I paid the past due amount, I could reside at the apartment. I paid everything back and have been living there ever since. I didn't know until recently that judgement was causing negative reporting to my credit report and has prevented me from completing the process of getting a house and even moving into a different apartment. Leasing agents state that this will reflect as an eviction even though I currently reside in the same place. I requested and receive a letter from my landlord stating that I paid the amount that was owed and I am in good standing. I also filed this same letter at the courthouse. The people I am dealing with to try to get a house stated that the letter will not suffice even though it was filed at the court and has the courthouses' stamp on it. In addition, I have submitted the letter to the credit unions, however this has not worked in removing the judgement from my reports.

If at all possible, can someone advise me on what additional steps need to be taken to clear this judgement from my credit reports? Thank you in advanced for any available advice and/or assistance.

Who's Liable?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been living in my apartment for seven years and back in 2007 an eviction was filed against me (due to a miscommunication regarding a payment arrangement I made). I had to go to court and it was agreed that as long as I paid the past due amount, I could reside at the apartment. I paid everything back and have been living there ever since. I didn't know until recently that judgement was causing negative reporting to my credit report and has prevented me from completing the process of getting a house and even moving into a different apartment. Leasing agents state that this will reflect as an eviction even though I currently reside in the same place. I requested and receive a letter from my landlord stating that I paid the amount that was owed and I am in good standing. I also filed this same letter at the courthouse. The people I am dealing with to try to get a house stated that the letter will not suffice even though it was filed at the court and has the courthouses' stamp on it. In addition, I have submitted the letter to the credit unions, however this has not worked in removing the judgement from my reports.

If at all possible, can someone advise me on what additional steps need to be taken to clear this judgement from my credit reports? Thank you in advanced for any available advice and/or assistance.
You need to contact the credit reporting agency(equifax, transunion, experian) that this shows up on, and proved them your evidence. They may also require a letter from the apartment complex as well.

4n14

I sent all of the credit reporting agencies the letter, however, this has not shown result of the removal of the judgement to my credit reports.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">