• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

puffy7

What is the name of your state? florida

I have read the Landlord/Tenant laws for my state, but I didn't quite understand or find the answer to my situation which is as follows: In November 2002 I accepted a deposit and rent for the month of december 2002, the potential renter agreed to move in December 2nd, then delayed their move in date multiple times with the final statement that they would arrive on Jan 3rd, they did not show up and did not call. I called the renter's contact number several days later to find out what happened and was told by another that the renter would call me that evening to confirm wanting the room, but again the renter did not call. Now I am receiving harrassing phone calls from this renter wanting his money back and threatening to call the sheriff even though I did not re rent the room until February and the renter is still living out of state. What is the actual law in a case like this? Is the renter owed money back? There was no written leasae agreement only verbal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">