• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roomate Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattz0524

hi, i live in an apartment with 2 other roomates in clarksville TN. i caught one of them recently stealing my clothes. Then i started noticing the other roomate taking things out of my room and not returning them. i bought i lock with a key for my door and caught him trying to break in it. He had been drinking and i came home the next morning to find a hole punched in the wall next to my door. I am under a lease so i cant move out but is there anything i can do about this? i need some options to get the hell out of here without losing money. I also was told by 2 people that they smoked pot in my room while i was gone, however i have no concrete evidence. please helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
hi, i live in an apartment with 2 other roomates in clarksville TN. i caught one of them recently stealing my clothes. Then i started noticing the other roomate taking things out of my room and not returning them. i bought i lock with a key for my door and caught him trying to break in it. He had been drinking and i came home the next morning to find a hole punched in the wall next to my door. I am under a lease so i cant move out but is there anything i can do about this? i need some options to get the hell out of here without losing money. I also was told by 2 people that they smoked pot in my room while i was gone, however i have no concrete evidence. please helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What did the police way when you called them to report this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">