• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sister wants to evict brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pshawtxlw

What is the name of your state. Texas.

There is a brother and sister I know that live togather in a house with there father.

When the father passes the sister will become the owner of the house. The sister wants the brother to move out when that happens.
She has threatened to evict the brother if he won't leave. Can she do that?

The brother is not doing anything to hurt the property in any way.
Can she evict him even tho he has don nothing to warrent it?

The sister has we will get along fine if we do things my way thinking.
If this was a renter/landlord situation the brother would be considerd a good tenant.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state. Texas.

There is a brother and sister I know that live togather in a house with there father.

When the father passes the sister will become the owner of the house. The sister wants the brother to move out when that happens.
She has threatened to evict the brother if he won't leave. Can she do that?

The brother is not doing anything to hurt the property in any way.
Can she evict him even tho he has don nothing to warrent it?

The sister has we will get along fine if we do things my way thinking.
If this was a renter/landlord situation the brother would be considerd a good tenant.
MYOB...really.

ETA: If you happen to be the brother in this instance, then you have some scary control issues.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's sick how these two siblings are arguing about the house while dad is still alive. It would serve them BOTH right if dad just gave the house to charity.

HRZ

Well anything is possible...and it's dad's right to leave it as he pleases ...and for all we know son is a deadbeat and dad has been unwilling to make tough calls...so he is dumping it in daughter's lap at end ..or 49 other possibilities ....but new owner when that time comes gets to make the calls inside the law of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">