• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Started eviction notice, can I still enter the property if I give 24hr. notice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmeplease?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

In the state of Kentucky, once I've sent an eviction notice to tenant, can I still request to enter the property during the 30 days prior to eviction day? Honestly I'm afraid the tenant may get angry, if he hasn't already and tear the place up. I want pictures of the property in good condition before it is too late. I know I still have to give him a 24 hour notice before entering the property, correct? But that is all, even during the 30 days leading up to eviction, right?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

In the state of Kentucky, once I've sent an eviction notice to tenant, can I still request to enter the property during the 30 days prior to eviction day? Honestly I'm afraid the tenant may get angry, if he hasn't already and tear the place up. I want pictures of the property in good condition before it is too late. I know I still have to give him a 24 hour notice before entering the property, correct? But that is all, even during the 30 days leading up to eviction, right?
You do know the notice you sent is not an eviction notice right? And you are aware that if they dont leave by the notice date, you have to go to court for a judge to order the actual eviction?

If you do know this, then yes, you can enter the property with notice.

helpmeplease?

Hmm...i know that my eviction notice will not force him out if he refuses...and that I would need to go to court if that happens...yes. And sorry about the double post. Thought about this question after I posted the first one. Unfirtunately New to all of this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">