• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subletter after stay a month trying to sue me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Memoria12

After we had a written agreement that he would only stay a month his trying to sue me because I supposedly told him he could stay longer, his no longer at my house but keeps coming up to my door trying to get his mail he got one piece of mail from my roommate and it's just the fee waiver from the small claims order he sent me for 10,000 the reason being "we signed an agreement then later verbally & agreed via text consented that I would be a permanent tenant, later on I was harrased while my stay at the premises as well as threatened multiple times" none of this happened , all of mail only arrived after he already left but it's no longer at my house and I sent it back to the sender stating no such person lives here, I tried calling the cops on him but they never showed either because it was a late Friday night and or because they don't deal with a civil suits.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

If you have been served a court summons and complaint you either have to file an answer, or appear at the stated time, whichever is applicable to your small claims court.

He's going to have a hard time proving what he says and you can ultimately get a restraining order.

Meantime, life lesson from the school of hard knocks: Don't rent part of your place to anybody else.

STEPHAN

He might be your tenant and you just did an illegal eviction.

Why did not delete the question about your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">