• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminating tenant year leasse. The house is trashed!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michelle price

michelle here in maryland..
I'm the lessor. Lease says tenant must commit no act of waste and shall take good care of the premises and the fixtures and appliances therein. Lessee shall keep outside area free of unsightly items and neat in appearance i.e. no shopping carts, grass cut and neat. When she moved in we had painted the entire inside of the house, new carpet was installed. She has been living there since March 2001. the house is trashed!!!...can I give her a thirty day notice to vacate. rent is also late and still hasn't been able to pay the security deposit. help...michelle i couldn't believe what she had done to the house

[Edited by michelle price on 06-09-2001 at 04:11 PM]

Cvillecpm

Non payment of rent is easier to use......

You need to check MD laws on provision of perform or quit notice and follow for destruction of property OR serve a pay or quit for the rent.

Next time, hire a professional to screen your rental applicants and be patient. Don't take marginal tenants. She has done this before so why didn't you check with her last 2 landlords and get a rental reference as well as a credit check?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">