• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unusual tenant and property realty lease inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phizzle

I was under the impression that my father's apartment lease was signed over to me when he passed away,the Realty company even acknowledge me,my wife,and my son lived there for a year and a half as well as were sorry to here about my father's passing, excepted our application information as well as our credit check fee's, and our money order for rent signed under my name for the year and a half.
One day we get in a dispute over unfair incline from one late fee of rent I was a little short on and they wanted more than what I felt was not fair,well they told me I was evicted and i was going to be locked out ten day's from then,I told them I was going to answer to there Unlawful detainer I have legal tenant rights, that's when they,"said I had no right, I'm just living in a dead guy's apartment!"and that they never signed over the lease under my name then mocked me,"good luck!"and hung up.
Well I felt pretty much shocked that a realty business would act in such manors that I'm going through a depression,I didn't know to go to court or not that it's to late,the sheriff is going to lock us out in for day's,my father was the only family I had in California,and me,my wife,and my son are going to be out in the streets with nowhere to go at all.
To my question,was this a legal procedure,was there any illegal activity in that rental agreement,which only now I realize when ever I requested a copy of the lease and rental agreement they kept telling me they didn't get the message,and after that still never released a copy to me to avoid my request.
There's no stopping the inevitable lock out,my family is in serious hardship,I just wanted to know that the country that my grandfather fought in two wars to give rights to America didn't think this was right.
Thank you for your time.

Gail in Georgia

"One day we get in a dispute over unfair incline from one late fee of rent I was a little short on and they wanted more than what I felt was not fair,well they told me I was evicted and i was going to be locked out ten day's from then,I told them I was going to answer to there Unlawful detainer I have legal tenant rights, that's when they,"said I had no right, I'm just living in a dead guy's apartment!"and that they never signed over the lease under my name then mocked me,"good luck!"and hung up."

So management filed for an eviction because you did not pay the full amount of rent and/or the late fee, correct?

"Well I felt pretty much shocked that a realty business would act in such manors that I'm going through a depression,I didn't know to go to court or not that it's to late,the sheriff is going to lock us out in for day's,my father was the only family I had in California,and me,my wife,and my son are going to be out in the streets with nowhere to go"

Why didn't you attend the court hearing and present your side of the case? In the above posting you stated you were going to answer their "unlawful detainer". Sounds like you didn't and thus didn't follow through with this entire business.

"There's no stopping the inevitable lock out,my family is in serious hardship,I just wanted to know that the country that my grandfather fought in two wars to give rights to America didn't think this was right."

Grandpa fought in the Revolutionary War several hundred years ago? And is still alive?

Gail

adjusterjack

I just wanted to know that the country that my grandfather fought in two wars to give rights to America didn't think this was right.
You have the same rights as anybody whose ancestor DIDN'T fight in two wars so it's a bit silly to make that kind of comment.

You ignored the question about your state. Landlord tenant laws differ from state to state.

Your post is rather jumbled so I'll start with some simple questions:

1 - Were you given any written notices that your tenancy was terminated? If yes, describe them.

2 - Were you served a summons and complaint for eviction through the courts?

3 - Provide exact dates of all these events starting with the date your rent was due that you couldn't pay. It would help to have a time line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">