• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My daughter ask me was me and my ex still married and I said yes and then she told me no because he got married in August
Are you sure that you are divorced? It's not unheard of for somebody to marry someone even though they are already married.

In any case, you NEED an attorney.

Really. Get an attorney.
Really.
Really.

quincy

That's the scary part. She is so scattered... She might have a point, legally, but a lawyer would need to be saintly patient with her.
When one starts paying for an attorney's time, thoughts can become less scattered quickly. Every time an attorney must repeat a question is billable time.

You will need to pay for an attorney to represent you, Curenton.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I been trying to but I'm having a problem with anyone saying they would take it
You need to sit down with someone and have them help you write your timeline coherently.
(Preferably NOT one of your children.)
This timeline should be strictly factual. Most of the facts you listed should have been in your initial post, and the post still would have been quite short.

Write down what you want, legally, and what are the (legal) reasons you think you should get it.

*Then* take it to a lawyer.

quincy

You need to sit down with someone and have them help you write your timeline coherently.
(Preferably NOT one of your children.)
This timeline should be strictly factual. Most of the facts you listed should have been in your initial post, and the post still would have been quite short.

Write down what you want, legally, and what are the (legal) reasons you think you should get it.

*Then* take it to a lawyer.
Good advice.

Any detour away from the necessary facts can be costly. You should know how the attorney bills (e.g., hourly, quarter of an hour) and have a watch to keep track of the time you spend with the lawyer. This can help keep you on track and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">