Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Divorce

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13

    Divorce

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    How did you find out you were divorced then?
    My daughter ask me was me and my ex still married and I said yes and then she told me no because he got married in August


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    71,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Curenton View Post
    My daughter ask me was me and my ex still married and I said yes and then she told me no because he got married in August
    Are you sure that you are divorced? It's not unheard of for somebody to marry someone even though they are already married.

    In any case, you NEED an attorney.

    Really. Get an attorney.
    Really.
    Really.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13

    Curenton

    I been trying to but I'm having a problem with anyone saying they would take it


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    29,282
    Quote Originally Posted by not2cleverRed View Post
    That's the scary part. She is so scattered... She might have a point, legally, but a lawyer would need to be saintly patient with her.
    When one starts paying for an attorney's time, thoughts can become less scattered quickly. Every time an attorney must repeat a question is billable time.

    You will need to pay for an attorney to represent you, Curenton.


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Peconic River
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Curenton View Post
    I been trying to but I'm having a problem with anyone saying they would take it
    You need to sit down with someone and have them help you write your timeline coherently.
    (Preferably NOT one of your children.)
    This timeline should be strictly factual. Most of the facts you listed should have been in your initial post, and the post still would have been quite short.

    Write down what you want, legally, and what are the (legal) reasons you think you should get it.

    *Then* take it to a lawyer.


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    29,282
    Quote Originally Posted by not2cleverRed View Post
    You need to sit down with someone and have them help you write your timeline coherently.
    (Preferably NOT one of your children.)
    This timeline should be strictly factual. Most of the facts you listed should have been in your initial post, and the post still would have been quite short.

    Write down what you want, legally, and what are the (legal) reasons you think you should get it.

    *Then* take it to a lawyer.
    Good advice.

    Any detour away from the necessary facts can be costly. You should know how the attorney bills (e.g., hourly, quarter of an hour) and have a watch to keep track of the time you spend with the lawyer. This can help keep you on track and on topic.


Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Divorce decree amendment for deceased Father and his disbarred divorce Attorney
    By pnaede in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2016, 05:01 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
  3. divorce and maintenance bein a canadian citezen served divorce papers in colorado
    By mullets73 in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
  4. Divorce question about how court views debt at time of marriage and divorce.
    By captain149 in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 04:36 PM
  5. Divorce Attorney Failed to to include a parcel of property in the divorce agreement
    By country life in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 09:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.