Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Divorce

Divorce

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    How did you find out you were divorced then?
    My daughter ask me was me and my ex still married and I said yes and then she told me no because he got married in August

Quote Originally Posted by Curenton View Post
    My daughter ask me was me and my ex still married and I said yes and then she told me no because he got married in August
    Are you sure that you are divorced? It's not unheard of for somebody to marry someone even though they are already married.

In any case, you NEED an attorney.

Really. Get an attorney.
    Really.
    Really.

Curenton

I been trying to but I'm having a problem with anyone saying they would take it

Quote Originally Posted by not2cleverRed View Post
    That's the scary part. She is so scattered... She might have a point, legally, but a lawyer would need to be saintly patient with her.
    When one starts paying for an attorney's time, thoughts can become less scattered quickly. Every time an attorney must repeat a question is billable time.

You will need to pay for an attorney to represent you, Curenton.

Quote Originally Posted by Curenton View Post
    I been trying to but I'm having a problem with anyone saying they would take it
    You need to sit down with someone and have them help you write your timeline coherently.
    (Preferably NOT one of your children.)
    This timeline should be strictly factual. Most of the facts you listed should have been in your initial post, and the post still would have been quite short.

Write down what you want, legally, and what are the (legal) reasons you think you should get it.

*Then* take it to a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by not2cleverRed View Post
    You need to sit down with someone and have them help you write your timeline coherently.
    (Preferably NOT one of your children.)
    This timeline should be strictly factual. Most of the facts you listed should have been in your initial post, and the post still would have been quite short.

Write down what you want, legally, and what are the (legal) reasons you think you should get it.

*Then* take it to a lawyer.
    Good advice.

Any detour away from the necessary facts can be costly. You should know how the attorney bills (e.g., hourly, quarter of an hour) and have a watch to keep track of the time you spend with the lawyer. This can help keep you on track and on topic.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123