• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought used truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ed Stirbys

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
I just bought a used truck from an individual who works for a used car lot. It was his cousin's truck and not the dealership's vehicle. I thought it was a great deal until I took it home and the very next day I was driving it for the first time when the motor lost power, the oil pressure dropped to zero, and it started making a very loud, knocking noise. I could not go faster than 10miles per hour after that. There was no contract made out; just a pink slip with his cousin's information on it. What are my rights and/or options here?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

I just bought a used truck from an individual who works for a used car lot. It was his cousin's truck and not the dealership's vehicle. I thought it was a great deal until I took it home and the very next day I was driving it for the first time when the motor lost power, the oil pressure dropped to zero, and it started making a very loud, knocking noise. I could not go faster than 10miles per hour after that. There was no contract made out; just a pink slip with his cousin's information on it. What are my rights and/or options here?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
buying a used vhicle is a purchase "as is".

it was YOUR responsibility to have a trusted mechanic look over the vehicle prior to purchasing the car.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have the right to enjoy your new vehicle!

Did the seller provide you with a SMOG cert?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">