• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealer deception bait and switch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Internetguy989

New Jersey

I found an 06 Jeep one day online and applied through the dealers website. They let me know I was approved and need to come in. When I go in the Jeep is not ready. I was asked if I was interested in any other car there and I said no. They said I could wait till the Jeep was ready and I did. Told a few days, but it was more like a few weeks. Finally it was ready and I can go get it. It was a silver 08 instead of the beige 06 that I applied for. Still took it, but I’m regretting it now. All the work they claimed to have done never occurred. They won’t do any repairs despite being told if anything went wrong with the vehicle I could bring it in for repairs. It needs a lot of work but they’ll only do an oil change. The rest they said I’m on my own. I’m obviously paying more than what was listed for the 06 Jeep. They reported to the bank I put a down payment of $4,000
When I only put $1,000 down.
I have texts from this guy saying he did all this extra work on the Jeep for me and like I said they never did.
I just want to know what I can do about this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
New Jersey

I found an 06 Jeep one day online and applied through the dealers website. They let me know I was approved and need to come in. When I go in the Jeep is not ready. I was asked if I was interested in any other car there and I said no. They said I could wait till the Jeep was ready and I did. Told a few days, but it was more like a few weeks. Finally it was ready and I can go get it. It was a silver 08 instead of the beige 06 that I applied for. Still took it, but I’m regretting it now. All the work they claimed to have done never occurred. They won’t do any repairs despite being told if anything went wrong with the vehicle I could bring it in for repairs. It needs a lot of work but they’ll only do an oil change. The rest they said I’m on my own. I’m obviously paying more than what was listed for the 06 Jeep. They reported to the bank I put a down payment of $4,000
I have texts from this guy saying he did all this extra work on the Jeep for me and like I said they never did.
Drop the "they said" stuff - all that matters is what's in your sales contract.

So...what kind of warranty did you receive in writing? If no warranty was offered, then you're out of luck. Dealers are only required to offer warranties on used cars that are 7 model-years old or newer.

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/News/Brochures/Lemon-Law-Road-to-Relief-Brochure.pdf

quincy

New Jersey

Here is a link to the New Jersey Lemon Law: http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/News/Brochures/Lemon-Law-Road-to-Relief-Brochure.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">