+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=goodcat;3531285]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigner View Post

Hmmm.... you don't really seem to know yourself.

I am asking the question: why not?
    You really need to speak to an attorney - an internet forum is not going to satisfy you.

It's too bad that you didn't speak to one from the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by goodcat View Post

I wish it was a lemon buy back -- thing I could ding them for $$$$ for illegally selling a buyback as a cpo!

Cpo?

In itself it is not unlawful to sell a lemon buyback.

As to keeping the vehicle and dumping it later;

If they fix it, it no longer qualifies. If something happens in the future, whether it would fall under the lemon laws requiring the manufacturer to buy back the vehicle would be determine on the facts at that time.

There are laws in place limiting what deductions can be made.

You wonít get more than your actual costs though, at most so, unless you can purchase a like vehicle for the same price, then no you wonít get enough to purchase a similar vehicle.

There seems to be a magic number: 18,000 miles. It appears there are different rules in determining whether a vehicle can be classified a lemon before and after that milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigner View Post
    Some new cars have a "low power mode" built in as a fail safe. If the problem is bad enough that damage may be caused by further operation of the vehicle, the low power mode comes on in order to protect it and help prevent or lessen damage.
    Ya. A friend with a Cadillac CTS ran into that. Something about lubricating the steering shaft. It made for a VERY slow drive home that day. Even after knowing what the issue was, is still donít know why it went into limp mode. Maybe Cadillac figures all drivers are over 90 and any added resistance to steering effort would be hazardous.

I thought they were shooting for a younger hipper demographic

Quote Originally Posted by justalayman View Post
    Cpo?
    Certified Pre-Owned. It actually means something in California. Specifically (for the OP's situation), a dealer who offers a prior buyback for sale is prohibited from calling it a CPO (or similar).

Quote Originally Posted by justalayman View Post
    Ya. A friend with a Cadillac CTS ran into that. Something about lubricating the steering shaft. It made for a VERY slow drive home that day. Even after knowing what the issue was, is still donít know why it went into limp mode. Maybe Cadillac figures all drivers are over 90 and any added resistance to steering effort would be hazardous.

I thought they were shooting for a younger hipper demographic
    I have an older truck that had a problem with an additional "high pressure" fuel pump (because of the direct injection) in the engine. When that started giving problems, the car would go in to that mode. It had two speeds: Idle and 12rpm over idle. (I'm exaggerating, but not much.)

I like that calling it certified pre-owned actually means something out there. It would appear it prevents selling a flood damaged car as cpo as well.
    So, as it stands it shouldnít be a lemon buy back or flood car. I guess itís just cpo poc.

If op is concerned about long term issues I would suggest he divest himself of the car while he has the opportunity. Once itís fixed, he risks being stuck with a possible ticking time bomb and it may not fall back under the lemon law.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12